One of Our biggest Fundraiser of the Year!!
Saturday, November 17 at 12 pm – 3 pm (approx.)
What is TAG DAY?
All Band/Choir members raise money by collecting contributions door-to-door in neighborhoods in the Southwest Local School District. For safety, students go in teams door-to-door asking for tax-deductible donations and turn in money collected.
*All donations are tax deductible
Who Should Participate?
All Wildcat Marching Band, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Color Guard, A Cappella, Treble Choir and Wildcat Choir members. This is a mandatory event for all Band and Choral members!!! Volunteers are also needed!!
What Should Students Wear?
Each student should dress in a Marching Band uniform, Concert Band tuxedo, Color Guard uniform, A Cappella shirt, or Choral uniform.
Why Do We Need a Tag Day?
Thousands of dollars are needed each year to run a complete band/choir program. The Director’s salaries and instrument maintenance come from your taxes and the school budget. Donations from family, friends, and neighbors are needed to purchase music and choreography, purchase uniforms, microphones and props, buy instruments and equipment, pay for student workshops and pay for competition fees. In this way, Tag Day supports the entire music program.
When is TAG DAY?
Saturday, November, 2017 12 pm – 3 pm (approx.)
How Can Families Support Tag Day?
Ensure your student participates! Volunteer to drive students to collection areas or tabulate donations. We can’t do it without your help!
Can you start collecting now?
Yes, you can! Just have the contributor complete the donation form and include it in your donation envelope.
What to Expect on TAG DAY?
12:00PM: All students and volunteers will meet at the High School Band Room
12:05PM: Team Meet-and-Greet
12:15PM: Brief Overview of Team Duties
12:30PM: On Your Mark, Get Set and TAG…
- Each team will be given a map of an assigned area.
- Volunteer chaperones may bring a cooler for students to store their water and snacks. Students must bring their own water and snacks.
- Students will walk door to door in pairs (never on their own) and parents will keep students in sight at all times.
- Parents will report large donations and communicate with “headquarters” throughout the day. This will be announced to the Team Parent Chaperones to keep the encouragement going.
- Teams who finish early may be reassigned to help out other teams.
- All teams will report back to the Band Room by 3:00pm for a Celebration Party to celebrate a successful TAG Day!
- Friendly competition among teams is encouraged, but we’re all working together toward the same goal . . .
Please contact Russell Brown at email@example.com or 513-628-7427 to volunteer or if you have any questions about helping!